Pages

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Deja Vu!

I came across the following sign on an elevator at Fortis Hospital:

Come Into The Hands Of Our Experts!

I am not very sure if this even requires further comment but me being me, I just can't help myself!

The sense of deja vu is creeping in from all quarters simply because I'm trying to understand if something is incredibly wrong with me or has the scientific establishment gone bonkers? It's a hospital for God's sake- they operate on all organs, they have all kinds of doctors, they administer and cure a variety of conditions but perhaps the English language is too perplexing an ailment that can be diagnosed. Or is this a straightforward case of doctoring?

I am just not ready to believe that not a single soul at the hospital recognized such a double entendre. I guess the only thing I can be thankful for is they didn't choose a phrase like- Our Experts Will Never Let You Come Again! [Back to the Hospital, of course; what were you thinking???] ;)

0 comments: