Pages

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Bhainth of a Lifetime

I have been pestering my bro this year to get me a proper gift for Raakhi. Every year he passes on the money that my parents pass him on when my sis and I complete the tying-the-wrist-with-funky-thread ceremony. I know it is really unfair on my part since bhai is still a student and nowhere near earning his own money but it’s so much fun troubling him and it’s nothing in comparison to the torture I face at his hands all the time.

So, in view of my constant harassment, yesterday he did get me a gift- my Rakhshabandhan Bhainth- a pair of Rayban sunglasses.
  • He absolutely swears by the fact that the shades are authentic which of course, they aren’t.
  • He maintains that they look good on me, which they in no way do. They are so large- they cover half of my face and reach the upper jaw. I wonder if they even are meant to be worn on the eyes.
  • He insists that tilt is not a flaw in the design but a brand new innovation.
  • He claims that he can see the world after putting them on- I can’t even see my own hand.
  • He states that they are for 100 bucks (the shopkeeper started at 250!), though I'm sure they didn’t cost more than 10/-.
  • He declares that in case I don’t appreciate this pair he’ll get another one for me in any tint I want- blue, green, purple, brown, yellow - I just have to name the color- how about a color that cannot be dyed or painted on plastic? (Okay, it’s not plastic- but it still is weird.)
Well, no more Raakhi gifts for me- Thanks but no Thanks!

8 comments:

Praveen Sharan said...

But isn't its good this time he came up with something different instead of money. You should appreciate this.
FYI...after reading that Gulzar one I start developing my interest in your blog so from now I will be a follower of "Metastasis Of Thought'...hopefully.:)

Kanika Chandra said...

Something different could have been a bar of Dairy Milk Chocolate & that would have been absolutely fine & wonderful- it's just that it should not be something nakli!
Still got the money btw :)

Unknown said...

hilarious...too gud...i m sure..he must have been really fair n just in his gifts!!:)

Chars said...

well a sweet gift frm a bro...
i can say....
its just that do value his soch...and idea.....

the care and thought he had done fr u
adv 1: ur eyes and most part of face,till jaws ;)will be protected frm sun rays

adv2 : well u will be having the glases collection of all shades...
that too of free cost....

i knw u will look hip hop

looking forward to see u with those glasses

Hina... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hina... said...

Awww come on now KANK... (hehehe this is a new nick for Kanika and should not be read as an acronym for Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna)...lolz

This is suchha cute gesture... I wish I had a younger brother too!!!

Gchan said...

Knowing you....
i certainly knw 1 thing 4 sure dat u did not even remember when dat "funky thread tying" day was....LOL....
the guy goes out of his way & gets u a pair of shades....i bet u did nt even buy da funky thread (read RAKHI)4 him......
u girl have no right 2 complain.....
Until next tym...slop being MADONNA
.
.
..
....
......
.......
........
.........

Materialistic Girl.....LOL ;)

Edward Jose said...

You sisters are all the same.

Just passed by your blog because mine too shared the name. Interesting, especially this one.

- Edward Jose
http://theMetastasis.blogspot.com