Pages

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Hindi Ki Tangi


I come across this foot-board everyday and every time I wonder what these words mean. I also wonder why exactly my Hindi is so very poor. I could easily do a Googli and figure out the meaning but I kind of wanted to ascertain my depth of Hindi illiteracy and also to know how many fellow country men and women are as bad as I am, if not worse. So, if you happen to visit the blog and know the correct meaning of any of the words depicted above and listed below, do leave your comment and contribute towards my national tongue GK. Thanks in advance!


A showcase of my limited knowledge:


Steel Plate- This I know!
Phatte- I think wooden planks and not Chak de phatte.
Pallu- The sari wala Pallu?
Chali Balli- Did they mean Chalu Billi?
Kolam- No idea.
Pani Ka Drum- This I know know!
Jeene- Ladder, if me not wrong.
Lafa- One tight slap?


As you can see, any help will be highly appreciated.

3 comments:

Vivek said...

Kanika kya kar rahi hain.

Pallu- The sari wala Pallu kasie ho sakta hain construction wale ke pass kasie hoga. Pallu is smillar to Wooden planks.

Kolam is again wooden plank in rectangles shape. It is normally used in creating floor.

Jeene- Ladder. correct.

lafa ka koi idea nahi hain.

Chali Balli pata hain, per can't explain in English :)

Praveen Sharan said...

2 months ho gaye....thoughts ko kya hua??

MadVic said...

Lafa = woodenstrips used as a support for beams, columns, slabs etc.
It's not like the wooden planks, it's work is just
like the visor that is used in bolts